Moon-Jung Chung Scholarship Competition
in conjunction with 16th KOCSEA Technical Symposium http://kocseaa.org/symposia/2015/
This year’s KOCSEA Technical Symposium will be held during December 10-11, 2015 at Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, CA. As a part of symposium, we host a scholarship competition to recognize outstanding Korean or Korean-American students, studying Computer Science or related areas in the U.S. The scholarship is dedicated to commemorate the late professor, Moon-Jung Chung, who was one of the KOCSEA founders and did a great service to the organization. The scholarship recipients are expected to have excelled in academics and demonstrated potential for making significant contributions in their discipline. We are soliciting for posters that present research projects with significant contributions.
Eligibility for scholarship
- Undergraduate or graduate Korean/Korean-American students studying Computer Science and related areas in the U.S.
- KOCSEA membership (Students may apply for free KOCSEA membership at the time of scholarship application through http://kocseaa.org).
To participate in the scholarship competition, please send the following application materials and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 27, 2015. The scholarship recipients MUST present the poster during the poster session at the symposium. KOCSEA will provide lodging and meal. The airfare will be partially covered (up to $350) based on the distance of your travel.
Please prepare the following materials in PDF files and create a zip file named as “KOCSEA_proposal_Last name_First name.” Please e-mail your zip file with “KOCSEA_proposal_Last name_First name_Degree_Your degree year” as the subject line.
- KOCSEA scholarship application form <https://goo.gl/SCOEUh>
- A poster proposal on your current research work (50 %)
- Page limit: 2 pages (1 inch margins and 12 point font)
- Contents: title, subject area, abstract in less than 100 words, significance and relevance of topic, and description of the expected content of the poster
- Curriculum vitae (including GPA, work experiences, and extracurricular activities in one or more Korean student organizations, up to 2 pages) (Academic Performance: 25% and Extracurricular activities: 10%)
- One or more letters of recommendation (15 %)
- Application Deadline: October 24, 2015
- Announcement of Awardees: October 31, 2015
- Award Event: December 11, 2015 at KOCSEA Symposium
- $500 for one student (1st Place)
- $300 for one student (2nd Place)
- $200 for one student (3rd Place)