2019 KOCSEA Moon-Jung Chung Scholarship
This year’s KOCSEA Technical Symposium will be held during November 16 – 17, 2019 at Atlanta, GA. As a part of symposium, we are happy to announce a scholarship opportunity for outstanding Korean or Korean-American students, studying Computer Science or related fields in the U.S. The scholarship is dedicated to commemorating the late professor, Moon-Jung Chung, who was one of the KOCSEA founders and did a great service to the organization. The scholarship recipients are expected to have excelled in academics and demonstrated the potential for making significant contributions to their discipline. We are soliciting for posters that present research projects with significant contributions.
Eligibility for scholarship
- Undergraduate or graduate Korean/Korean-American students studying Computer Science and related areas in the U.S.
- KOCSEA membership (Students may apply for free KOCSEA membership at the time of scholarship application through http://kocseaa.org).
To apply for the scholarship, please fill out and submit this form. The scholarship recipients MUST present the poster during the poster session at the symposium. KOCSEA will provide lodging and meal per the travel support guideline (up to $350 airfare + 2 nights of shared hotel room). As long as you attend and present your poster, these travel support will be provided even if you do not receive the scholarship.
Recommendation letter is NOT required this year, but having a letter will affect positively. We will request the referrer to submit a light-weight form instead of a full letter, hoping to reduce their time commitment.
- Application Deadline: Oct 31, 2019
- Award Event: Nov 16, 2019 at KOCSEA Symposium
- $1,000 (1st Place)
- $600 (2nd Place)
- $400 (3rd Place)
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on their
- Academic and research performance
- Essay and recommendation letter
- Extracurricular activities and contribution to Korean community
- Poster presentation at the symposium